Custom Kitchen Island Ideas – Time for some island hopping–right in your kitchen! From curved marble custom kitchen islands to storage-heavy workhorse islands, we’ve gathered some impressive custom kitchen island ideas.
The kitchen island is the social area of the kitchen. It is a popular gathering point especially for breakfast before everyone runs off to their own busy days. It also adds a lot of functionality to a kitchen, providing additional workspace and storage. Considering its central position in the kitchen, it is worth taking time to consider the best design for your kitchen island.
Hopefully, by the end of this blog, you’ll have some great ideas to consider. We’ll also give you a primer on some of the practical issues to keep in mind when installing a kitchen island.
- BRIGHT & SUNNY Kitchen Island
- RICH RED Kitchen Island
- SHADE OF GRAY Kitchen Island
- CHOCOLATE DELIGHT Kitchen Island
- CRAFTSMAN Kitchen Island
- TRADITIONALLY INDUSTRIAL Kitchen Island
- LOCATION Kitchen Ideas
- POOL HOUSE Kitchen Island
- GREAT STORAGE Kitchen Island
- CURVY Kitchen Island
- NEOLITH Kitchen Island
- WELL ROUNDED Kitchen Island
- BEACHY Kitchen Island
- WASTE NOT Kitchen Island
- SAN FRANCISCO TREAT Kitchen Island
- WILTSHIRE Kitchen Island
- SMALL & SIMPLE Kitchen Island
- DOUBLED UP Kitchen Island
- AUTUMN GREEN Kitchen Island
- MIXED UP Kitchen Island
- WARM WOOD Kitchen Island
- RUSTIC Kitchen Island
- NAPERVILLE REMODEL Kitchen Island
- SMALL & MIGHTY Kitchen Island
- WOOD KITCHEN ISLAND
- WHEATON TRADITIONAL KITCHEN ISLAND
- SPREAD THIN KITCHEN ISLAND
- BIG BLUE KITCHEN ISLAND
- DARK & RICH KITCHEN ISLAND
- AUTUMN PURPLE KITCHEN ISLAND
- SUPER SIMPLE KITCHEN ISLAND
- ICE BOX KITCHEN ISLAND
- LIGHT IT UP KITCHEN ISLAND
- WARM & INVITING KITCHEN ISLAND
- TEXAS WATERFRONT KITCHEN ISLAND
- LAKE HOUSE KITCHEN ISLAND
- NY STYLE KITCHEN ISLAND
- Kitchen Island Ideas For Small Kitchens
BRIGHT & SUNNY Kitchen Island
Great pop of yellow. Such a cheerful space.
RICH RED Kitchen Island
Vibrant red is an excellent choice for this island.
SHADE OF GRAY Kitchen Island
Nice deep rich gray color on this custom kitchen island.
CHOCOLATE DELIGHT Kitchen Island
Nice deep dark chocolate cabinetry make up this island. Those pendant lights are so striking!
CRAFTSMAN Kitchen Island
A wonderful example of a craftsman style custom kitchen island.
TRADITIONALLY INDUSTRIAL Kitchen Island
LOCATION Kitchen Ideas
POOL HOUSE Kitchen Island
GREAT STORAGE Kitchen Island
CURVY Kitchen Island
NEOLITH Kitchen Island
WELL ROUNDED Kitchen Island
BEACHY Kitchen Island
WASTE NOT Kitchen Island
SAN FRANCISCO TREAT Kitchen Island
WILTSHIRE Kitchen Island
SMALL & SIMPLE Kitchen Island
DOUBLED UP Kitchen Island
AUTUMN GREEN Kitchen Island
MIXED UP Kitchen Island
WARM WOOD Kitchen Island
RUSTIC Kitchen Island
NAPERVILLE REMODEL Kitchen Island
SMALL & MIGHTY Kitchen Island
WOOD KITCHEN ISLAND
WHEATON TRADITIONAL KITCHEN ISLAND
SPREAD THIN KITCHEN ISLAND
BIG BLUE KITCHEN ISLAND
DARK & RICH KITCHEN ISLAND
AUTUMN PURPLE KITCHEN ISLAND
SUPER SIMPLE KITCHEN ISLAND
ICE BOX KITCHEN ISLAND
LIGHT IT UP KITCHEN ISLAND
WARM & INVITING KITCHEN ISLAND
TEXAS WATERFRONT KITCHEN ISLAND
LAKE HOUSE KITCHEN ISLAND
NY STYLE KITCHEN ISLAND
Kitchen Island Ideas For Small Kitchens
Here are a few final tips on how you can still enjoy the benefits of a kitchen island even with a tiny kitchen.
- Small and compact kitchen islands are the way to go. Though it will have limited storage and countertop space, at least it will properly fit in the space.
- If your kitchen is long but narrow, go for an island with similar dimensions. A long narrow island can work surprisingly well and even add a unique look to your kitchen.
- If you add seating, make sure it slides under the counter to save space.
- Maximize on storage. Deep drawers, side shelves and tall cabinets will help you make full use of the limited space.
See? Whatever size your kitchen is, a custom kitchen island is a definite possibility. If you saw something you loved in our round-up, talk it over with your contractor and make it a reality. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to us.