French Country Bedroom Design and Decor Ideas – French Country style provides a calming space for anyone to relax. Done in white and light shades of gray and blue, these bedrooms provide a sophisticated yet entirely approachable haven. Some of the highlights of French Country bedroom style include gilded mirrors, ornate headboards in a variety of styles, and graceful chandeliers. These bedrooms are simple in design but have many flourishes of style, like glass drawer pulls and luxurious linens.
Recreating a French Country style bedroom in your own home is easy. Start with a light colored wall treatment. Paint shades in off-white, cream, pale blue, and beige are recommended. Pay special attention when you select your furniture. French Country furniture is usually painted in a light color, though dark wrought-iron bed frames are also popular choices. You don’t have to spend a lot of money on furniture: reclaimed pieces fit in beautifully with French Country style. Try using an old set of doors as a headboard. Painted finishes can be distressed for an extra authentic touch.
When accessorizing the French Country bedroom, think about charming older pieces like candlesticks and vases. Always keep fresh flowers in the bedroom if you can, bringing a touch of the outdoors into your home.
- Pretty Wrought Iron Bedframe and White Linens
- White Bedroom with Pale Blue Accents
- Ornate Chandelier and a Tufted Chair
- Oversized Chandelier and Exposed Beams
- Delicate Blue and White Upholstery and Exposed Beams
- Tranquil Bedroom with Red and White Striped Accents
- French Country Bedroom with an Oversized Clock
- Relaxing Blue and White Room with Chandelier
- Reclaimed Chest of Drawers with Wildflowers
- Ornamented Off-White Headboard with Luxurious Linens
- Upholstered Headboard with Oversized Pillows
- White Flowered Headboard and Wooden Letters
- Framed Art and White Flowers
- Tufted Headboard and Ornate Mirror
- Beige and White Relaxing Bedroom
- Gilded Mirrors and White Wicker