These days, small homes are all the rage, but even if you live in a large home sometimes it can be hard to find space for all your things. In the past, storage solutions were almost exclusively bulky plastic bins, cheap hanging shoe trees, or vacuum sealed storage bags. Thankfully today’s storage solutions are a little more attractive. In fact, our gallery of 40 space saving ideas for home includes dozens of concepts that are as appealing as they are clever.
We’ve got an awe-inspiring array of space saving ideas for home. They include smart hacks that you can implement in minutes, but they also include some big budget projects that will add value to your home and efficiency to your everyday life. Don’t worry about them messing up your aesthetic, either. A chrome dish rack is surprisingly mod while inset storage is handsomely hidden by sliding barn-style doors.
If organization was never your thing, then you’ve come to the right place. Our list includes ideas for every room in the house (or for every wall, if you’re living in one room). Cop the ideas exactly, or use them as inspiration for a project engineered entirely by and for you.
- Extendable Stair Inset Storage Shelves
- Space Saving Idea for Home Kitchens
- Ready for School Entryway Cubbies
- Foldaway Desk in a 3×2 Cabinet
- Beautiful Burlwood Angled Game Cabinet
- Tuck Away a Laundry Caddy
- Exposed Beams and Exposed Shoes
- A Window to Your Kitchen’s Soul
- Above and Below Dish Baskets
- Floating Trio of Cosmetic Cups
- Seriously Cute Staircase Storage Concept
- A Cabinet Under a Cabinet
- Built-in Staircase Chest of Drawers
- Roll-Out Nesting Island Counter Extension
- Tuck Your Ottomans Under the Table
- Sliding Barn Door Storage Nooks
- Handsome Hidden Faux Molding Microwave Cupboard
- Cheap but Chic Vertical Bathroom Organizer
- Everything Over the Kitchen Sink