Whether you’re decorating a house in the country or just want to create the lived-in, homey feel of rustic décor, achieving that look is all about texture. Reclaimed wood, galvanized metal, rough stone and cast iron are all part of rustic bathroom decor ideas. These natural, less polished materials provide a sense of one-of-a-kind craftsmanship and will give any room an immediate sense of character. This is especially true in a bathroom, where you can make a big impact with just a few subtle elements.
Because it can be unusual to see anything but gleaming tile in a bathroom, adding a single shelf made of barn wood or an antique orchard ladder used as towel rack makes it an immediate focal piece. Don’t be afraid to bring in rustic flair with bigger design elements as well; decorative beams, a reclaimed wood accent wall, or heavy wrought-iron hardware can turn your bath into a mountain getaway or historic cottage.
Just be sure to consider your bathroom’s lighting. Natural materials, with their rougher textures, don’t bounce as much light as polished surfaces like tile, and this can make a room seem dark, especially if it’s not very big. Keep things light and bright by using a light whitewash on reclaimed wood and scaling up your vanity mirror to reflect more light. Check out these gorgeous rustic bathroom design ideas to get started!
- Slate Mosaic Accent Wall
- Hunter’s Bathroom Featuring Shiplap and Hunting Trophy
- Rolling Barn Door with Black Iron Hardware
- Pallet Wood Mirror Frame with Storage
- Stone Lodge Bathroom Featuring a Camo-edged Mirror
- Cottage Bath with Painted Shiplap and Vintage Hardware
- Open Barn Wood Shelving
- Rustic Bathroom Décor with Concrete Sinks and Barn Door
- Rough Beam Cornice Box for Shower Curtains
- Converted Whiskey Barrel Sink